Thursday, December 16, 2010

October 6, 2010: Brian collects his first egg.


October 6, 2010
Weds., 11:03am

Well my plan of letting Brian collect the eggs didn’t even go into effect, because I slept in late this morning and when I awoke, my husband was nowhere to be found.  I peaked out, and there he was squatting down in the chicken coop in his pajama’s, communing with the chickens and feeding them some scraps he had brought home from work.  (And I thought I was the only one who went to visit the chickens in my pj’s.)

Shortly thereafter, he came inside, a little egg in his hand and asking me whose it was....and advising that Ellie was sitting in a nest box as well.  I doubt he’ll ever admit it, but I think he’s hooked.  He, he, he.....

Ellie laid her egg shortly after, again in the small box and again, close to the edge, but a large egg, well, comparatively speaking...

No comments:

Post a Comment